F10 beta: No xorg.conf, where to tweak Synaptics pad?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Oct 9 21:08:30 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 01:06:34PM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:

> Only now we have much much better capability at taking a session and
> running it on a variety of hardware without ever having to fiddle with a
> config file, because it all just works.

In other words you are saying: "If something does not work then this
is your fault and screw you"?  That is nice to know.  The problem
is that your perfect "all just works" simply does not - at least
often enough.

> Autoconfiguration is a very very
> good thing, and we're in a better place with it.

You are mixing two things.  Autoconfiguration and an ability to
easily override that autoconfiguration when it does not work or when
you have good reasons not to like results.  Take as an example the
current anaconda with a network install.  Unfortunately you are not
the only one so confused.

   Michal