F10 beta: No xorg.conf, where to tweak Synaptics pad?

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Thu Oct 9 22:14:03 UTC 2008

On 2008-10-09, 18:33 GMT, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> There is a small fly in this ointment.  The above may work,
> usually, but very far from always.  For example, if monitor
> EDID data are faulty or not present at all, and this is _not_
> a hypothetical situation, then a configuration you are getting
> is busted.

a) I am from Xorg team in Red Hat, so you don't have to explain
   how EDID data are piece of *. And people who are developing
   this as well, don't worry.
b) The point is to _identify_ the particular piece of hardware,
   not to blindly follow what EDID suggests. But there is much
   more to it, which even I don't grok. See a) ;-).

Matěj