F10 beta: No xorg.conf, where to tweak Synaptics pad?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Fri Oct 10 13:41:08 UTC 2008

Matej Cepl wrote:
>> What would be great, I think, though I have no idea if it is at
>> all feasible, would be with things like this, to have a line of
>> text appear perhaps, saying, there is no longer a default
>> xorg--if this doesn't work for you, please file a bug with your
>> hardware information.
>>

> That's called Release Notes and if we ever remove xorg.conf from
> Fedora, be sure you will be able to read about it there (and in
> many other places). But I don't think that such drastic change
> will happen anytime soon.

Nobody reads the release notes
It is time that a certain people or group of people start to realize  that.

A good pointer to that is that nobody complained
when team anaconda removed the release notes in anaconda.

We have to find a better way to get the info ( or least the major ones )
to our users.

Floor is open for suggestions..

Keep ideas aimed at people that have no network connection
as in this was a hand out cd/dvd usb key.

>> Also please note that you can construct an xorg with xorconfig
>> (if that's still available, I haven't checked--I have been
>> fortunate enough so that I didn't even realize it had been
>> removed.)
>>

> Yes, and there is still system-config-display.

Note in F10 system-config-display will not get installed by default
so you will need to install it before using it.

JBG