Gimp 2.6 menu

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 15:48:36 UTC 2008

2008/10/10 Jerry Amundson <jamundso at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 3:27 AM, Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com> wrote:
>> for my understanding I run same commands on a another F10 working
>> system (that has Adbobe Reader installed....
>> rpm -qf /usr/share/applications/gimp.desktop
>> gimp-2.6.0-2.fc10.i386
>> [antonio at acerF10 ~]$ rpm -V gimp
>> [antonio at acerF10 ~]$
>>  and then as root
>> [root at acerF10 antonio]# update-desktop-database
>> [root at acerF10 antonio]#
>>
>> someone can explain why I has a broken symlink on one system and
>> everything is o.k. on another system??
>> I have to check whether on the affected system (where also scribus
>> menu is missing while on the other system is present under
>> Application/Other) the newly created users are affected from same
>> problem (i.e. missing scribus menu) and from the fact that I cannot
>> add the Trashbin applet to the application bar (and the Trashbin
>> applet is missing from the applet list when I ricght click on the bar
>> and I get add to the panel.
>> I am confused, so also my explanation may be confused... :-)
>> Any idea???
>
> By chance, did todays gimp/gnome updates clean this up?
>
> jerry
> --
> There's plenty of youth in America - it's time we find the "fountain of smart".
>
> --

unfortunately no...but I think that something is wrong in this
particular user (Myself) as my son's menu on same machine are o.k for
the Gimp (not for Scribus).
And unfortunately I cannot add the Trashbin to the application bar as
I could do on other two machines...I do not know where to dig.
Lost menus, losing myself?? :-)

Tnx anyway

--
Antonio Montagnani