F10 beta: No xorg.conf, where to tweak Synaptics pad?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Oct 10 21:28:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 15:37:27 -0400,
  Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:

> This is actually more of a connection sense bug than an EDID bug.  I'll
> take another look though, I'm entirely too familiar with that code these
> days.

I think that part of the driver knows there is something connected to the
DVI port (especially since it used to work a while back) but because
the EDID info isn't what is expected this is ignored. And what I think
ends up happening is that with the driver not thinking any monitor is
attached that it defaults to using the VGA port.

I tried looking at the driver source to figure out where it might be doing
this based on th EDID information but couldn't grok that. So I ended mucking
with what I could grok and forced the monitor type in a place where it
was set to MT_NONE.