Rawhide does not boot since 2.6.27-0.398

Bruno GARDIN bgardin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 17:55:32 UTC 2008

I am testing rawhide for a few month now but i have problem of boot
since kernel 2.6.27-0.398. My rawhide is a virtual system on vmware
server now in version 2.0. Whenever i try to boot, i got the following
errors at the end :
Activating logical volumes
    VOlume group "VolGroup00" not found
Unable to access resume device (/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01)
Creating root device
Mounting root file system
mount: error mounting /dev/root on /sysroot as ext3. No such file or directory
Setting up other filesystems
setuproot: moving /dev failed:No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting/proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
Mount failed for selinuxfs on /selinux: No such file or directory
Switching to new root and running init
swithroot: mount failed: No such file or directory
Booting has failed

Boot works fine with kernel 2.6.27-0.382 but fails also with 2.6.27-1.
I have looked at the thread related to ext4 but i am using ext3. I
have also tried a new mkinitrd on 2.6.27-1 but no change. Any idea of
what the problem could be ?

--
BeGe