Rawhide Cleared "Unreadable" Partition Table without Permission etc.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sat Oct 11 21:04:14 UTC 2008

Today's Rawhide install worked with pxeboot.  I installed it to
a new partition on the fourth drive but somehow Rawhide
cleared the first drive's partition table despite being told not to.

I was able to reset the Windows partition with fdisk.

At this point I was able to do a graphical Rawhide 32 install
on the Intel DG45ID motherboard.  The previous problems
of the image download stalling and the computer locking
up did not appear.  I am typing this on the new install.
The ethernet works.  Compiz works with the motherboard
video.  Sound output works after setting the volume.

Congratulations!  Getting close.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665