XO: wireless network and getting a devkey

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Tue Oct 14 13:25:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Adam D. Ligas <adam at physco.com> wrote:
> I'm on WPA2 at home - should I expect trouble with the wireless?  It
> would be a pain to change/re-key everything wireless in the house.

I upgraded to the 767 image last night and lost access to my wireless.
 I copied the manual script mentioned here towards the bottom of the
page:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/WPA_Manual_Setting

to a USB key and then ran it from the XO.  It took 30 to 60 seconds
after running the script but I was then connected to my wireless
access point and able to run the software update.  Seems to be working
fine now.

FWIW, the WAP I connect to is a WRT54GL running dd-wrt using WPA2.

~Jeffrey