GNOME woes on the XO / A modest proposal

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Tue Oct 14 16:00:21 UTC 2008

On Oct 13, 2008, at 6:59 PM, Josh Bressers wrote:

> You can get Gnome to run, without swap, as long as you follow my
> previous
> directions to disable most services and disable most of the things
> that Gnome runs
> (like the packagekit daemon, which is a real killer when it tries to
> update things).

Your instructions worked great, and I'm finally about to do (albeit
slowly) some things on my XO. But GNOME hangs on me quite a bit, and
I'm kind of at a loss as to where to go from here.

-T

Tarus Balog, OpenNMS Maintainer             Main:   +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                     Fax:    +1 503 961 7746
Email: tarus at opennms.org                    URL: http://www.opennms.org
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C