Yum Upgrade To F10 Beta

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 14 18:17:58 UTC 2008

I've just upgraded my F9 machine to F10 beta via yum. The only change
I had to make to get things functional was to switch to a virtual
terminal and remove my old xorg.conf (I hear this is no longer used?).
Thought I'd share this for anyone who was going to try the same thing.

I'd quite like to get my user account set up though as is the default
for a fresh installation: what . folders do I need to remove for this
to happen? /me finally learnt not to remove all . because of
gnupg/ssh!

Other quick impressions:

boot was with the text based progress bar, intel 945 here.
Grub doesn't seem to have updated and still shows F9 splash screens
and counts down - is there any way to fix this other than manually
changing menu.conf?
Boot seemed fairly quick - approx 45 seconds to login prompt on a
1.6Ghz Intel Atom. If it's still obeying old settings, think I have
some services disabled more than standard.

Will keep an eye out for other interesting points...

Jon