XO: 2gig cards no longer suitable for testing

dave yates dsyates at lottalinuxlinks.com
Tue Oct 14 20:58:05 UTC 2008

For those of us who purchased the two gig card, If we are unable to purchase
a 4 gig card in a timely matter, what then? Do we need to return the XO?
I will be purchasing a 4 gig card ASAP, but it will prolly be the middle of
next week before that happens.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> In the initial instructions for XO testers, we asked people to get 2gig
> cards and 4gig cards.
>
> The hope was that 2gig cards would be sufficient, but we needed to test
> that hope.  It now appears that our hope was in vain: the 4gig cards are a
> necessity.
>
> For those of you who purchased the 2gig SD cards, thanks for your
> sacrifice.  Now we know.  :)  If you would like to continue to test Fedora
> on XO, it will be necessary to upgrade to 4gig SD cards.
>
> --g
>
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, Bryan Kearney wrote:
>
>  Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
>>

>>> To make this crystal clear:
>>>
>>> Please, EVERYONE, reinstall Fedora 10 Beta Snap 1 using the precise
>>> instructions at:
>>>

>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestPlans/Fedora10_On_XO#Installing_your_SD_card
>>>

>> And to be clear, these steps will not work with a 2 gig card. So.. is the
>> expectation for all of us to go out and get 4 gig cards?
>>
>> -- bk
>>
>> --

dave yates
webpage: http://lottalinuxlinks.com