XO: Success with 4 Gig Card

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 02:04:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 21:49 -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> 1) GDK has not updated his blog

Heh -- I updated mine :)

> 2) The initial boot is very slow, with no feedback (no hotdog man)

Slow isn't entirely unexpected.  The fact that the progress bar finishes
with the text plugin before we're done is something that might need some
general plymouth looking at.  And we're getting the text plugin due to a
dependency loop (again).  *sigh*

> 3) many windows are much snappier.

Yep, should be.  And there are some bugs in the geode driver that
upstream was looking at getting us a fix for soon which should help even
more

> 4) new windows such as font preferences and terminal preferences are
> painfully slow (the latter is going on 5 mins)

Is this when you already have a lot of things running?

> 5) Still get kernel panic at the beginning

I haven't actually seen this on the FedoraOnXO deptree... can someone
file it against the kernel and have it block the tracker?

Jeremy