XO: Success with 4 Gig Card

Michael Solberg msolberg at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 02:14:11 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 21:49 -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> Couple of comments:
>
> 1) GDK has not updated his blog
> 2) The initial boot is very slow, with no feedback (no hotdog man)
> 3) many windows are much snappier.
> 4) new windows such as font preferences and terminal preferences are
> painfully slow (the latter is going on 5 mins)
> 5) Still get kernel panic at the beginning

It's also worth noting that the few of us on #fedora-qa testing the new
images tonight were all still getting hard lock-ups of our systems after
a few minutes of usage.  This seems unrelated to memory - I still had
plenty of swap left at least once when it froze up.  It almost seems
like an X problem.  Sometimes the system freezes, but I can still move
virtual terminal when that happens.

Michael.