XO Roll Call: Sign up for XO Testing Teams!

Brian Powell bpowell01 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 15:41:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Steven Salevan <ssalevan at redhat.com> wrote:
> Greetings fellow XO testers,
> It appears that with the new GNOME build the XO has reached a testable state
> so it's time to start pulling together testing groups.  We will be focusing
> on 6 major feature areas over the next two weeks:
>
> - Performance
> - Built-in Camera
> - Power Management
> - Networking
> - Display
> - Audio
>
> Since there are ~100 volunteers participating in this project, we realized
> that some structure might help to both resolve leadership confusion and
> streamline the test process; hence, we're organizing testing teams for each
> individual feature area.  There are two major roles in each team:  that of
> the team lead and that of the team member.
>
> As a team lead, you will have several responsibilities:
> - Coordinate your team's testing efforts
> - Establish a time for and lead regular team IRC meetings
> - Establish some _very_ basic focus point stubs for your feature area on
> your Wiki page (for a good example, check out
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestPlans/XO_Performance)
> - Report testing status bi-weekly for your respective feature area page on
> the Wiki
> - Ensure that all defects/bugs are filed and those that are already filed
> block the FedoraOnXo tracker bug
>
> If you'd like to be a team lead, send me an e-mail (ssalevan at redhat.com)
> with your top 3 feature area interests.  These roles will be meted out on a
> first-come, first-served basis, so be sure and get those e-mails out as soon
> as you can.  I'll be heading up the Audio team (known henceforth as 'The
> Phil Collins Experience'), so if you thoroughly enjoy both the production
> and generation of sound, you should join my team.  :-P
>
> As a team member, you will have the following responsibilities:
> - Fill in the stubs that your team lead has provided on your feature Wiki
> page with test cases and append your e-mail to each one you create
> - Test each test case you create on each new Fedora XO build
> - If a test case fails, file a Bugzilla (for a refresher on how to do this,
> visit https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests)
> - If you file a Bugzilla, notify your team lead and update the test case on
> the Wiki
> - Attend IRC team meetings
> - Come up with a kickass name for your team
>
> So!  If you are part of the XO testing project, you should sign up for one
> of the groups here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/XO_Test_Roll_Call
>
> If you have any questions or comments regarding this new process, jlaska or
> I would be glad to answer them.  Otherwise, fire up your new XO, load up the
> new build, and start rocking out some tests!
> -Steve Salevan
> ssalevan at redhat.com
>
> --

Unfortunately my testing XO had issues on delivery and had to be
shipped back to OLPC, I would love to sign up for a testing group but
until my RMA'd XO is returned (which I was told would take some time)
I am unable to test anything. : (

Hopefully it wont be too long for them to return it to me so I can
hopefully get involved in the later part of the month.
--
Regards,

BrianPowell
http://fedoraproject.org