Good Riddance to Intel DG45ID Mobo

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Thu Oct 16 05:39:10 UTC 2008

I took the DG45ID back to Fry's and got an MAS p43ne03.
The p43neo3 works much better with Rawhide.

I new have 32 bit Rawhide running on the MSI mobo
with an Nvidia Geforce 9600GT and Nvidia's driver.
Compiz works again.  The sound works normally
as the ALC888 sound chip does not require software
to designate input and output jacks.

The board has 6 SATA jacks on the ich10 chip.
A JMicro chip adds two more SATA and an IDE.
Note that Ubuntu 8.04 cannot see the first six SATA
devices.

The current BIOS version is 1.50.  The one that came
with the board had some issues.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665