VLC

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 06:24:49 UTC 2008

I was playing this stream http://stream-3.ssatr.ch:80/rsp/mp3 with mpga coder

>> Rhythmbox plays fine the mp3 file. from time to time crashes on radiostreams...
> Which bugreport for the crash ?

Problem is already in bugzilla, see also another post of few hours
ago: but I have found that sometimes problems come from Rhythmbox,
sometimes from pulseaudio, sometimes from kernel, so bug-filing
sometimes is not easy....

>> I still think that Multimedia is one of the point were the user take
>> any decision...my two cents.
> What is the aim of theses words ? even win32 doesn't have most codec
> installed out of the box!
> Does it means it doesn't fit your multimedia needs ?

If you find that multimedia tools are fine and an unexperienced user
can set a box in a short time and play every stream on the Net, it is
your opinion that I respect.
As I refer to me as a poweruser :-) I find that setting multimedia is
always a pain, and it might keep many would-like-to-be-users out of
the stage.In Windows generally you use WindowsMediaPlayer and/or
Realplayer and most of codecs are magically installed, believe or not

>> How many are of the same opinion???
> Nothing has been dropped, so you will have theses feature taken with
> care the same as if they were in fedora.
> But there is no reason why they will be in fedora in the near future.
> So please join the rpmfusion mailing list for questions related to
> this repository.

joined last night...

> --

Tnx for help