kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Thu Oct 16 13:34:33 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 05:59 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> [...]

	You're probably going to need to boot from a recovery disk and manually
run fsck.  ITMT, the Dynamic FTRACE is seriously broken.  Discussion on
LKML indicates it may have been at the heart of the e1000 firmware
corruption issue.  The 2.6.27.1 release yesterday was, more or less, an
emergency release to prohibit the FTRACE option from being enabled until
proper fixes are implemented.  You're going to need to update your
kernel ASAP.

> Regards,

> Antonio

	Mike