Sound issues

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 11:39:25 UTC 2008

2008/10/16 Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com>:
> 2008/10/16 Christopher D. Stover <quantumburnz at hotmail.com>:
>

>> Antonio -- You said you have the same problem.  If you do what I said and
>> type pulseaudio -k when it stops working, does that fix the problem and
>> you're able to listen to things again?  I'm honestly not sure where to file
>> the problem either, but I feel it's probably a pulseaudio problem.  I'm not
>> really sure what you meant by "...problem can arise from the fact that
>> pulseaudio is in rawhide..."
>>
>> Chris

> as results are very different from kernel, I think that kernel is the
> problem: after some trials I Have reverted to 2.6.27-3.fc10.i686 and
> Rhytmbox has played for an hour then crashed...VLC refuses to play
> same stream.
> Just to clarify my meaning, I am not satisfied with  multimedia (and
> things have not improved) in rawhide, sometimes I think the problem is
> that you have pulseaudio, Rhythmbox from rawhide, codecs from other
> parts, and there is no clear technical responsibility of which package
> is involved, at least for me that I am a very low-level tester: from
> the tester's point of view, it is difficult to file a bug (against
> what??)....also problem is well known.
> And when you show a Fedora system to a friend of yours, multimedia is
> important to check the quality of any OS (in many case more than
> network management and so on...)
> --
> Antonio Montagnani
> Skype : antoniomontag

kernel 2.6.27.2-23.rc1.fc10.i686 is bad as many other recent kernel,
with reference to multimedia.....my system is fully updated with
reference also to RPMFusion.
VLC plays bad, Rhythmbox is suffering from many interruptions....

And still Multimedia is becoming important in the choice of an OP,
shall I revert to Bill after eight years of RH/Fedora???? and rawhide
is not as raw as someone thinks, official release is not very
far......

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag