dep failures: update after f8-kdelive -> f9 cd's

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 06:09:06 UTC 2008

Not bz'd yet as I cannot recreate until I run lengthy installs on slow laptop:
1. install f8 to hard disk from KDE live CD
2. boot/upgrade using f9 cd's
3. yum command/desktop fails due to unsolved dep for kdebindings
4. yum --skip-broken --exclude=kdebindings update then succeeds, and
of course pulls in updates-newkey. (cctrp, commoncpp2, and twinkle
were skipped)
5. yum update then proceeds normally

Oddball mirror maybe? (mirror.anl.gov)
Number 4. also pulls in 50 packages. Wasn't the idea to just have
fedora-release, then pull everything thereafter from updates-newkey?

sleepily,
jerry

--
There's plenty of youth in America - it's time we find the "fountain of smart".