F-10 snap2 X server fails to find keyboard or mouse

kwhiskerz kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 19:41:22 UTC 2008

Robert Nichols wrote some things.

I replied:

I haven't got a clue what snap2 is and I am not qualified to answer your question. However, with keyboard/mouse problems due to evdev, I have an /etc/X11/xorg.conf file that contains only this (it solved my similar problems entirely):

Section "ServerFlags"
 Option "AllowEmptyInput" "off"
EndSection

Also, I would advise not to install the latest xorg-x11-drv-evdev-2.0.7-1, as it is bad (causes all input to be repeated in triplicate, making keyboard input impossible). If you need to, you can revert to 2.0.6-2 here:

http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/xorg-x11-drv-evdev/

You will need to reboot into level 3 or something and install with rpm -Uvh --oldpackage xorg-x11....

Hope this helps.