XO: Snap2, i686 LIve

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Oct 20 18:09:26 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 09:27 -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> ./livecd-iso-to-disk.sh --noverify --reset-mbr --xo --overlay-size-mb
> 512 --swap-size-mb 512
> Fedora-10-Snap2-i686-Live/F10-Snap2-i686-Live.iso /dev/sdb1

As I mentioned, I might recommend bumping down the swap a little bit to
ensure that the SD card isn't over-filled (especially since I'm not sure
we catch an error there appropriately right now :-)

> The blue plymouth bar seems quicker, but I can not get a login screen.
> Are other folks having issues?

One thing I thought of since your second attempt went much better is
that we're now mounting the internal nand (flash) at boot to hold the
home directory.  The jffs2 mount can definitely take ~ 30 seconds
according to testing with the OLPC OS.  But unfortunately, it's not
something that we can background :(

Jeremy