Login name not echoed to tty1

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Oct 20 20:00:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 08:52:23PM +0200, A.J. Werkman wrote:
> When I install rawhide with only the most basic packages and login on
> tty1 the login name and its <enter> are not echoed to the screen when I
> login the first time after booting. Any other subsequent login does not
> show this behaviour.
>
> On the other tty's I don't see this behaviour.

I've seen it on one machine, but not another.  So I figured it was just
some oddity with my lowend laptop and Intel video card.

It's also not consistent for me, it only happens once in awhile.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Nice. Look who's got a bad case of Dark Prince envy.
Dracula: I have no interest in you. Leave us.
Xander: No, we're not going to (imitates Dracula's accent) leave
you. And where'd you get that accent Sesame Street? One, two,
three - three victims. Mwah, ha, ha, ha!
Buffy: Xander, I'm pretty sure that's Dracula.
Xander: Wow, really? Hey, sorry, man, I was... just jokin' around.