Actually using Fedora on your XO

Josh Bressers bressers at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 15:10:40 UTC 2008

----- "Josh Bressers" <bressers at redhat.com> wrote:

> So now that it seems we can all install and mostly boot the XO iwth
> Fedora 10, can
> anyone else actually use anything?

So I shall interpret the silence as a combination of don't care and go away.

So that brings us to the next question.

Being part of the XO performance team, what is the expectation?

If we suggest adding or removing various packages for the live spin, will we be
listened to?  Is shutting off services acceptable?  What about having a customized
~ so we can adjust various application settings.

How much RAM should be free (as I said previously, I can't get this number much
above 90ish megs without seriously neutering GNOME).

I don't want to spend time on tasks that will be ignored, so can whoever is
driving the bus clarify this.

Thanks.

--
    JB