Fedora Test Day - F10 Installation Guide

Mani A a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 17:06:26 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 8:03 PM, James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:
> Instead, I'd like to invite folks to help review the F10 *DRAFT*
> installation guide (available at
> http://jsmith.fedorapeople.org/drafts/install-guide-en_US/).  There have
> been significant improvements to anaconda (NetworkManager integration
> and install method changes) which may not be fully/correctly documented.

I sent this to the docs list too!

$2.2 'approriate'  <spelling>

$3.2 Processors

VIA C4 ?!

VIA C3, C7, AMD Geode and Longson are not mentioned

$3.3

What about those who want to install from iso images from hard disks
(without burning them)?
Part of $6.1 can be shifted here

$6.2  "Before you begin installation from a hard drive, check the
partition type to ensure that Fedora can read it. To check a
partition's file system under Windows, use the Disk Management tool.
To check a partition's file system under Linux, use the fdisk utility.
..."
does not say mention the supported file systems.

Best

A. Mani

--
A. Mani