Snap Releases

rjames no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Sun Oct 26 20:47:58 UTC 2008

> Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 13:01 -0700, Nifty Fedora Mitch wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 03:27:52PM -0400, Jim wrote:
> >
> > > What are these FC 10 Snap 1, 2 releases, ISO's ??
> > > I have FC 10 Beta installed and a lot of problems.
> > >

> > Most are related to getting the XO hardware working with F10
> > (explore http://wiki.laptop.org/go/The_OLPC_Wiki [1])
> >

> Actually, the Snaps are a more general part of the release process now
> so that we can get more testing of media-based things beyond just alpha
> + beta + preview release.
>
> There's just a nice side effect that they're handy and work out well for
> some of the testing on the XO :)
>
> Jeremy

If you guys are going to be using these in the future for live cd's, you need to make sure you aren't overburning these things because a hell of a lot of cd/dvd burners *DON'T* support this, and the snap 3 386 live cd iso are overburned [703 megs instead of the standard 650/702 megs].

None of my Liteon dvd burners support overburning and I don't think the older sony cdwr drive I have in a older computer supports it either.

If you are going to be overburning these things, at least say so, so people won't waste their time downloading something that's going to be unusable on their machines.

Links:
------
[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/The_OLPC_Wiki

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=299205&topic_id=63022&forum=12#forumpost299205