F10-beta on Lenovo W700

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Mon Oct 27 20:12:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 00:14 -0500, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 01:05 -0400, Will Woods wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-10-26 at 23:24 -0500, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> > > Has anyone else tried to install F10-beta/x86_64 on Lenovo's new W700
> > > super-laptop? After anaconda finishes checking package selections for
> > > dependencies, it throws an unhandled exception.
> >
> > Okay, but what was the exception/traceback? Without knowing that, it's
> > nearly impossible to guess what happened here.
> >
> > The only thing I can suggest without that info is that you try again
> > with the most recent snapshot build, from
> > http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ or
> > http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/
>
> That's the problem. Since no packages get installed, the system can't
> send the traceback log to bugzilla. (Bit of a chicken/egg situation.)
> I've attached a manual transcription of perhaps the first 10%. It'll
> take me several days to finish the rest.

The most important part is the traceback - this top bit:

anaconda 11.4.1.40 exception report
Traceback (most recent call first):
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/network.py", line 529, in write
    if dev.tet('GATEWAY'):
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/yuminstall.py", line 1469 in doPreInstall
    anaconda.id.network.write(andaconda.rootPath)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/backend.py", line 258, in doPreInstall
    anaconda.backend.doPreInstall(anaconda)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 204, in moveStep
    rc = stepFunc(self.anaconda)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 127, in gotoNext
    self.moveStep()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 1349, in nextClicked
    self.anaconda.dispatch.gotoNext()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/ow/progress_gui.py", line 79, in
renderCallback
    self.intf.icw.nextClicked()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 1370, in handleRenderCallback
    self.currentWindow.renderCallback()
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'dev' referenced before assignment

Don't worry about recopying the rest unless bits of it are specifically
needed. I'd suggest filing a bug report with the traceback and your
lspci output.

Keep in mind that the first thing that will be asked is: "Have you tried
using a more recent snapshot?" So you might want to try that first, if
possible.

-w