XO: Snap3 is a step backwards?

Josh Bressers bressers at redhat.com
Mon Oct 27 23:44:58 UTC 2008

----- "Muayyad AlSadi" <alsadi at gmail.com> wrote:

> > snap3 is better for me also, its much faster, except the machine
> freezes
> > up entirely sometimes when im installing new software.
>
> when the persistent layer is full this happen
> there is no way I know to detects this
>
> for example I put a usual livecd on a usual usb key with 300MB
> persistent layer
> the free space is 4GB which is not true

So this makes me wonder ...

Why as part of the live cd creation process, don't we use resizee2fs to shrink
the image down to used space (2.1G) + overlay size?  We could then use the
extra space for /home and swap.  Right now mounting the NAND for /home is
horrible as it takes a very long time, so getting rid of that would be a huge
bonus (plus it would move all the Fedora bits to the SD card, which would be
better IMHO).

--
    JB