Yum install status char '#' doesn't proceed in the same line

Wheelz kernel.zeng at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 13:50:51 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 10:28:42AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:

> > On Sun, 2008-10-26 at 11:10 +0800, Wheelz wrote:
> >
> > If locale is en_US.utf8, it's ok.
> >
> > If locale is zh_CN.utf8, the proceeding '#' will not go at the same line,
> > just like the following:
>
> Should be fixed in yum 3.2.20

Yum 3.2.20 still has problem.

With locale en_US.utf8, it is still ok.

With locale zh_CN.utf8, now yum has no "Updating" progress status at all.
Updating procedure has no output at all.
"Cleanup" procedure does has output, but has no output of progress status '#'.

The output looks like:(I have replaced Chinese with corresponding English)

Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
  Cleanup        : gnome-python2-gtkhtml2                          6/10
  Cleanup        : gnome-desktop                                   7/10
  Cleanup        : gnome-python2-extras                            8/10
  Cleanup        : gnome-python2-libegg                            9/10
  Cleanup        : gnome-packagekit                               10/10