Plymouth on ATI and nVidia

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Tue Oct 28 14:02:30 UTC 2008

I would never have noticed this, save for that I saw a Youtube video of
it...

On my ThinkPad T400, Plymouth doesn't launch the nice pretty GUI loader.
Instead, I only get the text mode dark blue / light blue / white
progress bar across the bottom. Then X loads and away we go from gdm.

I realized that I have never seen Plymouth's "graphical glory" on any of
the computers I've tried F10 on (I've always run the 64-bit version).
These computers all have something in common: Either nVidia or ATI
graphics cards.

Is Plymouth supposed to support these? If so, I guess I can file a
bugzilla on it.

Cheers,

Chris

--