Will shared swap bite me?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Oct 30 22:06:35 UTC 2008

I have to set up a machine as dual boot 32/64 bit and I would really love to not
waste space on swap partitions being duplicated if I don't have to. That said,
if I do two installs and use the same swap partition, what evil will come of it?

The only obvious issue I see is suspending the non-default kernel and trying to
boot the other (found that in FC6) and I can avoid that. Any other know issues I
have to avoid?

The object is to run one 64 bit program without reinstalling the whole stable 32
bit environment.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>