Fedora 10 (Rawhide) missing pand - UPDATED

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 11:12:02 UTC 2008

>> Running Transaction
>>  Installing     : bluez-utils                                       [1/1]
>> service bluetooth does not support chkconfig
>>
>> Installed: bluez-utils.i386 0:3.36-2.fc10
>> Complete!
>>
>> The init script error surprised me.  Does anybody know if this is a just a
>> bug.  Is pand being depreciated?  If so, what is the replacement?
>>

> I don't know about the pand issue, but the lack of chkconfig support could
> be some of the growing pains in the switch to upstart events rather than
> sysv scripts (just a guess, I didn't go look at the scripts).

Looking at the bluetooth scripts of rawhide vs Fedora9 they are
missing the usual chkconfig header. Whether that's as a result of the
new init stuff (random selection of other services still seem to have
the chkconfig line) or as a result of a new version upstream that's
changed them I'm not sure. I would have thought they kept them around
for a while just in case of a roll back.

Peter