No xorg.conf status?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Tue Sep 16 08:46:22 UTC 2008

Just wondering if we are still going ahead with removing the need of
xorg.conf
for F11 and what's the overall status of that quest.

So far the only problem(s) I have encountered is after installation I
need to
go to System --> Hardware ---> Keyboard and set the layout of the
keyboard to Icelandic.

And I need to have it in dual monitor setup..

Is anyone else testing this or am I the only one..

You can test this by simply mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.test

Check if everything is working ..

( you problably need to set you keyboard layout to your layout if other
than USA
in Gnome System --> Hardware ---> Keyboard )

BR.
      JBG