Cannot grant PolicyKit authorizations

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 21:21:28 UTC 2008

On 16 Sep 2008, at 5:37 PM, Peter Bloomfield wrote:

> On 09/15/2008 06:27:40 PM Mon, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
>> From: Andrew Farris <lordmorgul gmail com>
>>> Hey folks,
>>> I just got an install of rawhide done and configuring it using
>>> much of my previous home directory. I've got a problem with
>>> policykit authorizations though... I can't grant them to any users.
>>> I've tried with a fresh user, and my main user, and polkit-gnome-
>>> authorization does nothing when I try to grant an authorization,
>>> it just has a disabled 'grant' button in the dialog after choosing
>>> a user and limits for the authorization.
>>> All I'm getting from packagekit is a denied access dialog, no
>>> offer to let me grant authorization (no dialog to use root
>>> credentials to grant auth for a user?) for updates or new software
>>> installs.
>> I have a similar problem after yum-upgrading from F9 to rawhide.
>> PackageKit fails periodically, complaining
>> 'org.freedesktop.packagekit.system-sources-refresh no', but if I
>> try to edit the corresponding implicit authorizations, the 'Modify'
>> button stays insensitive, so I have no way to implement the change.
>
> Upgrading gdm to 2.23.92-6 fixed the issue for me.
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=63320

Thanks for clueing me in Peter, I just upgraded to 2.23.92-8, the
latest in koji today, and it fixed my issue after restarting gdm.  Now
authorizations can be granted.

Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com>
  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B
8300 BF29
http://www.lordmorgul.net