GlitchFreeAudio, features for F10

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 23:08:55 UTC 2008

--- On Fri, 9/19/08, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> > Tried to play sound as new user and it failed :(,
> however, I logged out and logged back in as my original
> account and tried playing as root user and it worked.  I
> exited root account and then tried playing and it worked.  I
> will keep an eye on this and if it fails, I might consider
> to write a bug report, however the question will be against
> which package?
> >

> That is somewhat complicated to figure out. I would suggest
> filing it
> against pulseaudio and the maintainer can ressign it if it
> is not a
> problem.
>
> Rahul
>
> Ps: Your mail client is not doing line wraps properly.(damn yahoo and sorry :(  )

Okay, I am getting closer to find out what is wrong.  When I start the system, I check the volume settings and they are off(at zero).  I log in the other account and I see that the sound is muted :(, I unmute it and log back into my normal account and sound works :).  I don't remember exactly that alsactl was deprecated, and salsa might have been as well.  Maybe udev takes care of this.  The culprit is not pulseaudio.

I am using KDE on my regular account and on the other account GNOME and I can see the volume control in GNOME, but not in KDE.  How are sound settings saved now that there is no alsactl or salsa to save them?

Thanks,

Antonio