resolv.conf hijacking?

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Sun Sep 7 07:22:05 UTC 2008

"Tom Horsley" <tom.horsley at att.net> writes:
> ARRGH! What the devil is hijacking my /etc/resolv.conf file?

Is this F9?

> I have NetworkManager completely uninstalled on this system
> (only NetworkManager-glib still exists due to dependencies).

That piece of junk overwrites /etc/resolv.conf during boot, even
when allegedly disabled.  I'd like to find out exactly where it's
happening, too, so I can take a sufficiently large-gauge cluestick
to the perpetrators.  Pre-F9 systems did not break my network config
on every reboot.  I've worked around it for the moment by forcibly
overwriting resolv.conf with a non-broken version in /etc/rc.local,
but this is hardly satisfactory.

			regards, tom lane