resolv.conf hijacking?

John5342 john5342 at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 7 20:32:11 UTC 2008

I had the same problem in F9 and F10. May not be the same problem but i
solved my problem in both cases by editing the config files. I found the
answer to my problem in /usr/share/doc/sysconfig.txt quite useful. The bits
that you might find useful are:

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<interface-name>
    PEERDNS=yes|no
      modify /etc/resolv.conf if peer uses msdns extension (PPP only) or
      DNS{1,2} are set, or if using dhclient. default to "yes".
    DNS{1,2}=<ip address>
      provide DNS addresses that are dropped into the resolv.conf
      file if PEERDNS is not set to "no".