Problems Installing Rawhide

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Tue Sep 9 18:01:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 10:12 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
> Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> > For some time now I have not been able to get the Rawhide boot.iso
> > tp install with the repo=nfs:server:path trick.
>
> boot.iso contains files and such that will allow you to boot a system
> and start the installer, but it does NOT contain the installable image.
> You don't install from boot.iso.
>
> Now, as far as an FTP or NFS install, the installer doesn't want an iso
> file, it wants the files from the ISO image as a file system.You'd
> need to mount the DVD ISO image at some point in the NFS server's
> filesystem, export that mountpoint via NFS, and use THAT share as the
> target:

Not sure where or what your getting at here, but just having the ISO mounted is enough for the installer, and has been that way for a while now.  You don't have to do anything but make sure the path to the iso is mounted.  I do it via nfs all the time  and works like a champ (my server has perm. mounted dir's that contain the iso and other dir's as well). No need to do anything.  So unless your speaking for the OP's case itself and it's a seperate issue to how he's doing it, I am not sure I understand why to jump through the hoops to do what your doing when it wasnt' done before?

Just clarifying what it is your saying compared to how it's done in the
past to make sure I am not missing something.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org