Need help testing updates transition for 8 and 9

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Sep 9 21:04:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 21:23 +0100, Tony Molloy wrote:

> Another problem I see  Jesse is that when the new repos get installed then the
> updates repo is created as fedora-updates.repo.rpmnew. The original updates
> repo has to be there to do the initial update. I copied the new repo to the
> old one. Should this be done as part of the install. I presume PackageKit
> will not usea repo called ??.rpmnew.

False alarm.

You edited the existing fedora-updates.repo, ergo when the new
fedora-release went to put down the unmodified 'fedora-updates.repo'
file it got created as .rpmnew.  This is fine.  The only repo file we're
worried about is a brand new repo file, fedora-updates-newkey.repo.
That's the repo file that points at the new updates in the new location.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!