kernel 2.6.26.3-29.fc9.i686 takes long time to boot

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Thu Sep 11 10:09:01 UTC 2008

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008, Adrin Jalali wrote:

>> Can you install bootchart and show the chart from this one and the previous
>> one?
>>
>> Rahul
>
> here is attached 2 charts.
> best,
> adrin.

This shows what you already know. You should disable quiet kernel boot and
check where the kernel waits. For me this happens with older
kernels too on AMD x86_64 with i686 kernels. The kernel boot stopps at:

CPU 1 irqstacks, hard=c07ba000 soft=c079a000
Not responding.
CPU #1 not responding - cannot use it.
Total of 1 processors activated (4603.67 BogoMIPS).

and it takes almost 50s for boot to continue. I forgot how it is related,
but for me it helps to disable the USB legacy support in BIOS.

Adam Pribyl