Funny things....with sound

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 12:22:38 UTC 2008

--- On Thu, 9/11/08, Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Funny things....with sound
> To: olivares14031 at yahoo.com, "For testers of Fedora Core development releases" <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Thursday, September 11, 2008, 11:25 PM
> 2008/9/12 Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com>:
> > 2008/9/11 Antonio Olivares
> <olivares14031 at yahoo.com>:
> >>

> >> --- On Thu, 9/11/08, Antonio M

> <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com>
> development releases"
> <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>

> instead VLC works great on same streams: I will switch to
> VLC waiting
> for Rhythmbox updates
>
> --
> Antonio Montagnani
> Skype : antoniomontag

Ironically sound works on one of my two machines running rawhide.  On the one that does not work, I check alsamixer and all the tabs are at 0, I change them as they were before, but still cannot get any sound.  Updates to alsa showed 1.0.18rc? and alsamixer still shows 1.0.17?  Strange?

Regards,

Antonio