Frozen for Fedora 10 Beta

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 12 17:56:23 UTC 2008

Fulko Hew wrote:

> I looked at the related Wiki pages regarding the features (both
> accepted and proposed) and I don't see any mention of KDE.
> (it does however mention Gnome 2.24)
>
> Is this a deliberate or accidental omission on the feature list page?

Feature proposals have to come from the developers involved. It seems
KDE SIG either didn't have time or didn't think it was necessary. KDE
4.1 is a relatively minor update from KDE 4 unlike the switch to a major
new revision in the previous release, so the overhead might not be worth
it. Fedora 10 will have the latest point release of KDE, whatever that
is however. So doesn't make much of a material difference.

Rahul