Cannot grant PolicyKit authorizations

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 21:00:50 UTC 2008

Hey folks,
I just got an install of rawhide done and configuring it using much of
my previous home directory.  I've got a problem with policykit
authorizations though... I can't grant them to any users.

I've tried with a fresh user, and my main user, and polkit-gnome-
authorization does nothing when I try to grant an authorization, it
just has a disabled 'grant' button in the dialog after choosing a user
and limits for the authorization.

All I'm getting from packagekit is a denied access dialog, no offer to
let me grant authorization (no dialog to use root credentials to grant
auth for a user?) for updates or new software installs.

Any chance this is effected by my old home directory (unlikely, it
happens for a fresh user as well)?  Does anyone else see this, and did
I miss a bug or other mention of this?

Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com>
  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B
8300 BF29
http://www.lordmorgul.net