F10Alpha- Kernels deleted wrongly, left with just a dud.

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Tue Sep 16 15:20:15 UTC 2008

John Summerfield wrote, On 09/16/2008 11:03 AM:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>>

>> System hardware: HP DC7700 Intel vPro E6300 CPU etc etc.
>>
>> I'm not in a position to give much info on this atm as it doesn't boot.

<someone else may be able to comment on the snipped console log>

Way out suggestion:
if one of the working kernel rpms are still in your yum cache,
then boot the install image into rescue mode,
  chroot to the system, rpm -ivh kernel-workingrev.rpm
  sync;sync;exit
  sync;reboot

and while you are at it you may want to fix /etc/yum.conf to keep many kernels
again.

I've not had a machine following F10, so salt to taste.

--
Todd Denniston