GlitchFreeAudio, features for F10

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 15:43:31 UTC 2008

--- On Fri, 9/19/08, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> From: Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>
> Subject: Re: GlitchFreeAudio, features for F10
> To: olivares14031 at yahoo.com, "For testers of Fedora Core development releases" <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
> Cc: "Tom London" <selinux at gmail.com>
> Date: Friday, September 19, 2008, 7:12 AM
> Antonio Olivares wrote:
> >> Are you not running ConsoleKit/PolicyKIt?  That
> should set
> >> the acl to
> >> allow you to access /dev/dsp.
> >>
> >> tom
> >> --
> >

> > I had sound up till the latest alsa updates,
> ConsoleKit and PolicyKit how are they related to sound, or
> are they directly related to pulseaudio?
>
> Yes, they are.  Try setting up a new user and see if it
> works there. If
> not, file a bug report.
>
> Rahul

Tried to play sound as new user and it failed :(, however, I logged out and logged back in as my original account and tried playing as root user and it worked.  I exited root account and then tried playing and it worked.  I will keep an eye on this and if it fails, I might consider to write a bug report, however the question will be against which package?

Thanks,

Antonio