Rawhide and Chainloader

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sat Sep 20 21:16:46 UTC 2008

I can boot OpenSUSE, FreeBSD, and Windows with
chainloader +1 in my master menu.lst.

I install Rawhide (when it works) with its bootloader
written to the boot partition instead of the MBR.  I
take this precaution because the Fedora installer is
too lazy to verify the soundness of the install first.

I have to copy lines from the Fedora grub.conf to the
master menu.lst because the Fedora boot can't be
accessed by the usual chainloader +1.   Why is this so?

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665