VMware fails to build with the new kernel

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Sun Sep 21 02:37:15 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-20 at 18:32 -0400, Andrew Kenton Mitchell wrote:
> I hate to be "that guy"... But am I mistaken in the understanding that
> somebody has VMware-server-1.0.7-108231 working on kernel
> 2.6.27-0.329.rc6.git2.fc10.i686?
>
> I downloaded
> http://vmkernelnewbies.googlegroups.com/web/vmware-any-any-update117d.tar.gz
>
> Then patched the 117d update with
> http://vmkernelnewbies.googlegroups.com/web/VMware-server-vmmon-1.0.6-91891-2.6.26-1.patch
> and
> http://vmkernelnewbies.googlegroups.com/web/VMware-server-vmnet-1.0.6-91891-2.6.26-1.patch

<snip...>

I'm not certain about this kernel, but the current F9 production kernel
is working if you follow the instructions at:

http://fedorasolved.org/server-solutions/vmserver-install

I have a server running kernel version 2.6.26.3-29.fc9 using it. I just
got it going today. It might also work on your system. Worth a shot
anyway...

Cheers,

Chris

--