Help me triage

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 03:19:49 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Steve Grubb <sgrubb at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 September 2008 22:48:04 John Poelstra wrote:
>> I'll try to remember to look at the "assigned to" designation in each
>> bug as I go.
>
> The problem is that RHEL and Fedora bugs are in the same bugzilla view. I
> sometimes have a lot of bugs in my view. I use the NEW state to know which one
> I have not started working on vs the ones that I am interacting with the
> reporter. If there was another state, in-work, I could better tell what is in
> flight and what has not been touched by me and you could do your triaging
> without causing me to lose my own state. :)

Fair enough explanation.
But, as I hinted at in my message a few minutes ago, this can make
more work for others. Maybe John knows you're the exception in the
process, but somebody else probably won't. Hence, it doesn't scale
well.

Not suggesting you change your workflow, but ... well, I guess that is
what I'm suggesting.

jerry

--
There's plenty of youth in America - it's time we find the "fountain of smart".