Help me triage

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Wed Sep 24 11:13:02 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 24 September 2008 05:46:52 Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> > Please leave my packages alone. I leave them in NEW until I've had a
> > chance to review them. If you change it, I may think I've already taken
> > some action action.
>
> I guess triagers hear this a lot... I know I've been talking to several
> people about this, but has a serious request for a CONFIRMED status or
> flag ever been put in with the bugzilla maintainers?

Not by me, I'm generally too busy to read in detail all that is going on
within Fedora. Its only when things affect me that I start talking about it.
So, what does CONFIRMED mean? If something were not CONFIRMED, I still don't
want people to close it before I look at it. Sometimes even an invalid bug has
some good suggestions that I may want to consider.

I also wonder what is the point of this exercise? A bug in NEW that is a year
old is one thing, a bug that is in NEW for 1 day is another. It would seem
that bugs over a certain age are really a problem that is "stuck" and may need
intervention. But, its been my experience that getting bugs from NEEDINFO back
to ASSIGNED or MODIFIED to CLOSED are where the problems are.

-Steve