Help me triage

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sat Sep 27 02:42:57 UTC 2008

John Poelstra wrote:
> I'm curious to know how widespread of a "problem" it is that has our bug
> triagers moving bugs from NEW to ASSIGNED?  IOW how many package
> maintainers is this a problem for?  1, 2, 10, 100 ?  I'm not against
> trying fix this, just curious how significant the "problem" is?

This being the main question to respond to, I just wanna say that
although the problem *never ever* happens to me, if a bug is ASSIGNED to
me right now, I'm responsible. Period.

If however it would have been the real ASSIGNED status, it would merely
indicate that someone else thinks it is my responsibility. The only
responsibility I have at that point though is to either ACCEPT the bug,
or ASSIGN it to whatever party I think is responsible.

Makes sense?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip