ext4 filesystem, new F10 Beta Release?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 27 03:12:54 UTC 2008

Dear fellow testers,

I am currently running rawhide on two machines, a barebones ASUS machine(~5 yr old) and a Toshiba Laptop.  I have other machines that run Fedora 9 respectively and one of them has a busted NTFS partition and I am wanting to try to keep my existing Fedora 9 partition as it is and on the NTFS partition destroy the data(since it does not boot and ntfs-3g does not mount it, even with force option) and looking to install Fedora rawhide on it, if F10 Beta Release is coming soon or attempt a network install

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f9/en_US/sn-expert-download.html

 and use ext4 filesystem:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Ext4

I have read that when installing one has to use ext4 as a boot option is that correct?  How soon will F10 Beta hit the mirrors?

A friend of mine is building me a new machine (Quad Core with 4GB memory which should help in testing) and I want to test the ext4 filesystem as well.  I already know about the issues running rawhide as I have been a tester since Fedora 5 Test 2 old system of releases.  The Asus machine has been my main testing machine for a good while only down time was when hard drive went down, installed new one and installed another test version Fedora 6 Test version or Fedora 7 can't remember and I was back on my feet again.

I have read the documentation to attempt a net/http install but I have attempted one several times, but I get discouraged because I see many messages like repond.xml ???.  Is there any nice HOW-TO for a flawless install directly from a connected network so that I can use that space(NTFS busted partition) and install Fedora 10 Beta/Rawhide.  I can use Gparted/SystemRescueCD to wipe that partition clean and boot Fedora net install/net.iso media with ext4 boot option.

Thanks for answers and advice provided.  If the Beta is coming soon, I will preferably wait and use it to install it on at least one of the two machines and the new one as soon as it is ready.

Regards,

Antonio